weddChic

4.17.2007

Prom Attire




Oooh girl don't you look good! I loved this session! We did a few at my house with my new antique couch and my studio lights. I bought the lights for a prom I was doing and I figured why not try them out on my portraits. My friend Davina went to a One Light Workshop and I didn't really know anything about it, but I saw her pictures and they were so cool that I wanted to try it too. The first image is the one I tried with one light.
The second one was an idea I got from the picpockets. I used two lamps on the side and then a video light from the top that Allison's sister held for me.
The last one we did at Ben's office. It is kind of loft-like with the brick walls and multi windows. I had to try that one and it made me think for a minute I was Audrey Woulard with her cool natural light loft.
Well I'm sad that I don't have more posted, but I have to get busy on web galleries.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is the last one with the brick wall and awesome lighting. I mean, that picture is cool!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Stevie said...

The light in the second photo is awesome! I ordered those picpocket cards after i saw them on your blog. Can't wait to get them! Do you have a video light you would recommend? I'm looking at getting one.

1:52 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

thanks sweet ben.
Stevie-you are going to love the picpockets. I have a sunpak video light that cost $30. It is awesome.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...since you have one of the most beautiful peole to work with, i'm sure it was easy to do these pictures!!!! i LOVE the last one....allison actually looks really tall!!!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures! I love all of them and cas is totally right allison does look tall! Just thought i'd tell u i love them and allison looks g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home