weddChic

8.23.2007

The Digital World

I always notice other photographers posting before and after images and every time I see them I am amazed. So, I thought I would try one myself. I was looking at Lauren's new pics and the retouch work she did on her pics and thought I would try. I really don't know much about retouching except with coloring and I'm not 100% at that either.
Here is my attempt to retouching a photo of a lovely senior.

before after
This sweet girl is already perfect just the way she is, but I wanted to experiment on someone so I hope you don't mind Ashley.
Some of the things I worked on was her underarm skin. Don't worry-we ALL have it. And then I highlighted her lips and added some eye shadow. Then, I used several different actions to make the colors pop. I also tried to smooth out her skin color on her arm and back.
I really would like to take some classes on photoshop and learn some retouching skills. If anyone has any tips as far as this pictures goes, please let me know.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger SecretlyEloped said...

I love the edits! I think you really brightened the image up and it looks great! I love to see before and afters. I actually posted my first attempt on my blog yesterday. It gives me a little more confidence knowing that even the best photog have to edit/enhance their photos.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that's awesome! how did you DO that?! How did you get the sky so blue and add in all the other colors? Really beautiful.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Stephanie and Siobahn said...

I love the after picture! I am taking photoshop at the college and am learning all of that! Its so much fun! But if you could call me when you get a chance I wanna talk to you about helping you this week.

10:10 AM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

Maile-I played around with a bunch of actions, and levels, curves and other photoshop tools.
You should def get the actions I told you about if you don't have them already. They are fun to play around with.
Steph-awesome, you'll have to teach me some new stuff or basics that I don't know about. Give me a call tomorrow after school (9.4.07)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home