weddChic

2.11.2009

Dress Up One:Julia

My project DRESS UP: Location-well all I can say is that it is in Clovis and it is my favorite spot. I like to call my club house. Everything Julia is wearing we picked out from her closet. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out a few decorations.

It feels so nice to do a project for myself, and let my creativity flow-no restrictions. I would like to call this my #2 work. Their is a local artist that puts a 2 on all of his paintings he creates for himself. This is the art that he does whatever HE wants. He can go outside the box all he wants. And that is how I feel about this project. No one telling you what they want, just you and your creative brain working up a little fun :)

Feedback welcome...
I bought these lantern balls at Hobby Lobby ...under $3 each
check out Julia's headband she made...super cool
We used the video camera as a prop...got this as a Christmas gift


shootin' thru action





Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Kayla Barker said...

These are great! I love the ones where she's holding the old camera. And the black and white one is great! Awesome job!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them all! You can totally tell yall were having fun! I wish I could play dress up, that would be such an escape!

9:27 AM  
Blogger ginger ivey said...

these are so much fun cristy!!! super cool idea and love the funkiness of it all. love every single one!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Wow, those are amazing!

9:38 AM  
Blogger brandi p said...

Cristy these are AWESOME!!!! I love the space you have created!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Alan Janney said...

So gorgeous!!! It's difficult to choose a favorite because I like them all so much. I think the first two are especially beautiful, though.

11:50 AM  
Blogger cristin steger said...

i love the model!!! you are so creative, hope reese can make the blog one day!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Tessa said...

Thanks for posting such a fun project. Too often we get so caught up in our *work* that we forget to make the art for ourselves. Such an inspiration!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Dani and Greg said...

LOVE it. You have GOT to send your portfolio to those places we were talking about:) love YOU!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to release your creativity...the photos are awesome! Keep sharing...

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are SERIOUSLY cool! It looks like something right out of a Free People catalog!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger lauren clark said...

awesome! Gorgeous girl!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Ramie Babcock said...

The one close up with just her eyes struck me! I love it! Great idea! I might have to steal this dress up thing...I love it!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AMAZING.

7:39 PM  
Blogger KEVA said...

I felt like I was looking in a high profile fashion magazine! Thank you for sharing your work. I like the lighting where Julia is propped in the tree with her yellow tights. It is intriguing and I keep going back to it. I also liked the one with a shot of her inside the lantern. I was amazed how each of these shots evoked a feeling in me- joy, anger, frusturation, passion.. Very cool- great job!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Olive & Pearl Handmade said...

I LOVE all of these...love the one where sh'e leaning on the tree w/ the book... I LOVE her handband-does she want to sell them? ;)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah Holt said...

All of them, but particularly the one of her in the tree is throwing me some very dreamy Vogue/Anthropologie magazine spread like vibes. LOVE it. I love seeing your imagination soar.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

they all look great! :]
julia looks great...love the pics, props, outfits.

good job!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home