weddChic

2.10.2009

Project:Dress Up #1

Finally!! I went out today with Julia to work on my project. She is fabulous and so gorgeous. Julia is actually going to be helping me with the project with hair and makeup and outfits, but I thought I would use her as a model too. She is stunning and totally rocked it today even with the crazy wind blowing around us.
The idea for this project of mine is called, DRESS UP. I ALWAYS loved playing dress up with my moms old clothes when I was younger. As I was thinking of what I wanted to do for this project, I went from idea to idea trying to pin point a title. I am a child at heart and feel so free and alive when I can just do or wear anything that is funky and mismatched. I love to be different. And in these images I am portraying a little bit of myself.
Also, with this specific shoot Julia and I made headbands for her to wear. She is wearing the one I made in the image below, but you have to see hers too! Such a creative girl, which is why I've asked for her help with the DRESS UP project. I have tons more from her shoot, but I HAD to post at least one for now.

I hope that this project of mine will also encourage you too, to DRESS UP every now and then and be a child at heart.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ChristyPenn said...

Yea! I have been anxiously waiting your post! Your model is gorgeous and has stunning eyes! I love the navy any yellow color combo! You nailed it Cristy! What fun Dress Up can be at any age!!!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Momma said...

As I was viewing the photos my 3-year-old daughter said, "Who is that?" I said, "No one we know." She said, "It's Queen Esther, I think." Enough said. Very cool photos!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so amazing!!
She could definitly be an Anthropologie model!! It looks just like the ones in those magazines. You did a great job!

11:10 AM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

Christy-I know I finally got my booty in gear to start this up. There will be more dressing up to come.
Suz-that is so funny and so precious. Queen Esther-I like it :)
Katy Jo, you are wonderful. I dream of working with Anthro one day.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This could be an America's Next Top Model shot..... Fantastic Job!

12:48 PM  
Blogger jazzi walls said...

This model is my Gorgeous cousin Julia and I don't think you could have picked a better model!!! The colors and theme are fabulous! I would love to visit home (texico) and do a shoot with her ! Someday after my pregnancy !! lol Great work. I look forward to seeing more of these with Julia's assistance with Hair and Make-up! What a great team!-thanks Jazzi, McKinney, TX

1:37 PM  
Blogger Janell & Kenny said...

You are amazingly creative. How fun! I really liked the book and gloved hand! All are awesome! Great colors! Janell Urban

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home