weddChic

3.06.2009

Chocolate Ganashe

Today I made chocolate cupcakes and chocolate ganashe glaze. Put the two together and you have the closest thing to heaven. I ain't kidd'n either! Look at those lovelies...

All ya need to do to make the glaze is take one part heavy whipping cream and three parts chocolate. I made enough ganashe for 20 cupcakes using 2 oz of cream and 6 oz of chocolate cooking squares. Heat the cream and butter (I used 1 tbsp) and then mix with chopped chocolate. I put my chocolate in a separate bowl on top of a saucepan containing water and continued to heat the mixture this way. It worked great and I kept it on low heat and dipped the top of the cupcakes in it.
After they cooled, I packaged some up and gave them out to friends so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmmmm! This looks like a commercial shot! I'm tellin' ya - you should do catalogs and magazines! :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Olive & Pearl Handmade said...

yum yum, i want one! still working on booking u sessions in dallas :) !! you better get ready though, you might have to start going on tour here every year once you start it up!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home