weddChic

4.01.2009

Blessed


Life is definitely something to celebrate ya know. Last Friday, I woke up to have an early wedding consultation at 7:15 am before we headed out to Lubbock to pick Benson up. He stayed with my parents for the week while I was at my BLEND conference in Santa Fe. Before we left, Ben and I went to our local bakery to pick up thumb print cookies for my dad (4 dozen and they were eaten in three days).
We knew the weather was no bueno, but we were so excited to see our little BB we didn't listen to the lady at the bakery telling us not to go. We of course went anyways. The roads were barely viewable with the blizzard winds coming in and blowing the snow all around us. We traveled with our hazard lights on at 45 mph just to be safe. Even if it took us 5 hrs to get to Lubbock we were determined, right?
Well, so much for being determined, because we were just outside of Farwell, Tx and were hit from the side from another car. We were now not traveling east and west, but north and south. Let me say too that I've never been in a car wreck. And my thoughts as we were turning sideways right side up, was "please don't flip, please don't flip" And Ben was thinking, "please don't push us into oncoming traffic."
Once our car stood still, we realized we were still upright in our car, but not knowing exactly what just happened and being in shock left us a little speechless. Ben got outside and we had a flat tire from the other car running into us. And let me remind you again, it was a BLIZZARD and visibility was very minimal.
Ben then went over to the other car to make sure they were okay, and in doing so we found out they too were headed to Lubbock because his wife is needing a kidney transplant and they were going to talk with the doctors in Lubbock about it.
So we all had a really good reason for traveling that day. Well, so we thought. Ben and I didn't need to see Benson for any other reason but simply missing him. He was fine at my parents house, taking a nap. The funny thing is , after waiting for the police and tow truck to arrive, taking about 2 hours, the skies started clearing up. Ya, I know good timing huh?
If we would have just waited until the afternoon, we would have been good ta go. Honestly, there are a lot of what ifs: If we would have listened to the lady at the bakery, if we didn't turn back to get my purse, if we would have left sooner...
I do think this all happened for a reason. As scary as it was at the time, I know God looks out for us. Yes, we got in a wreck, but no one was hurt. And as we were on the side of the road and semi-trucks passed by at full speed, no one else ran into us. God had his angels protecting us. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. And I know for a fact that lots of family and friends were praying for us at those very moments.
If we weren't in THAT wreck, we could have been in a much worse one down the road.
I know that from this experience, Ben and I already appreciate our lives much more. I know there are more learning experiences from this and I'm excited to see what God has prepared.
So I know this is going to sound weird, but thank you God for putting us in that wreck. I trust and know God is in control and has a perfect plan for our lives.
Psalm 145:1-3 I will exalt you, my God and King, and praise your name forever and ever. I will praise you every day; yes, I will praise you forever. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!
Find the blessings in your day today :)


Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger fotobug said...

Glad to hear that you are okay Cristy! I was in a car accident (but on Sunday) and I too was thankful. Everyone is fine on my end as well. I was thankful for the reminder that it's just a car.... only a piece of metal. In the big picture it's a reminder to be thankful for this life. Our time. And to keep close to our hearts the blessings that we all have been given.

Everything happens for a reason. <3

4:59 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

Love ya Sarah :)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Nick said...

Wow Cristy, glad no one was hurt. It's amazing how God is in control of such situations.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are ok and that you are finding the Lord in the middle of the chaos. I am sad for your car though...it was the new one right? When we first got out car I wrecked 4 months in so I know how that goes. But that is just "stuff" and the real valuables in life God protected. Thanks for sharing your experience though cause I love hearing how God shows up in people's lives. He loves you and so do I, friend. :) - Jamie

11:52 AM  
Blogger FNL said...

Amen Sister! Love you, Lenie

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Haley Hicks said...

WOW! we can praise God for even the scarey and difficult times??? what??? YES! Isn't it so good to know a God who works all things for our good and His great glory?
I love it!

1:13 PM  
Blogger anosh said...


شركة مكافحة حشرات بالباحة 0551036347
البيت الراقي مكافحة حشرات بالباحةتعد من اكبر واقوي شركات مكافحة الحشرات لتجيزها بأقوي المعدات والاجهزة الحديثة لمكافحة الحشرات معنا سوف نضمن لك التخلص من الحشرات بشكل نهائي وفعال ولاعتمادنا علي ادوات ومواد صديقة للبيئة والتي ليس لها اي اثر سلبي علي صحتك وعلي صحة اسرتك كما ان لها نتائج فعالة وقوية ومعروفة عالميا فتأثيرها ايجابي علي مكافحة الحشرات ومنعها بشكل نهائي وقاطع وكل هذا يتم بجودة فائقة وبأقل الاسعار.
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالباحة تقدم لعملائها خدمة مكافحة الحشرات علي ايدي خبراء وفنين في مجال المكافحة ورش المبيدات وذلك ن اجل الحفاظ علي صحة عملائنا من الامراض وراحتة فأن شركتنا تعتبر الاولي في مكافحة الحشرات ورائدة في مجالها فنحن نقدم لكم خدماتنا مع اعطاء الضمان الكامل لعدم معاودة الحشرات مرة اخري الي منزلك فشركتنا لديها اقوي مبيد حشري يقضي تماما علي الحشرات فنحن لدينا الخبرة الكافية في التعامل مع كافة الحشرات والافات الموجودة .
رش مبيدات بالباحةتعرض انواع الحشرات المنتشرة
_ الذباب والهاموش يعد من الحشرات الطائرة والمنتشرة بالباحة.
_ الصراصير والنمل ايضا يعد من الحشرات الزاحفة التي تكون سبب في انتشار الكثير من الامراض.
_ هناك ايضا القوارض وهي من الحشرات المريبة لانها تصيب لاقدر الله بالطاعون وهي اخطر انواع الحشرات فأنت عميلنا العزيز في شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط انت في امان تام من كل هذة الحشرات لاننا نخلصك منها وبشكل نهائي وفعال لامتلاكنا الخبرات والامكانيات الكافية لمكافحة الحشرات.
من مميزات شركة البيت الراقي هي القيام بأعمال الرش والقضاء من اعمال الرش بشكل نهائي فمهما كانت كمية الحشرات والمعاناة منها فأنت تتعاون مع افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالباحة فأن الحشرات المنزلية تزاداد بشكل غير طبيعي مع ارفاع درجة الحرارة وتنتشر مما يسبب الكثير من الامراض الخطيرة ولحماية منزلك من تلك الحشرات ومنع دخولها مرة اخري الي منزلك ننصح عملائنا بالاتي :
*الحرص الدائم على نظافة المنزل
[ عزل خزانات بالباحة
*العمل علي التهوية الجيدة لجميع غرف المنزل ودخول الاشعة الشمسية الي المنزل لقتل الحشرات التي لاتري بالعين المجردة .
*التخلص من القمامات بأستمرار لانها سبب رئيسي في انتشار الحشرات كما يجب التخلص من فضلات الطعام وتنظيف خزانات الطعام وتهويتها بشكل جيد . تنظيف خزانات بالباحة
*يجب سد الثقوب والشقوق بالجبس كي لا تكون مكان يخبئ فية الحشرات ووضع سلك علي شبابيك المنزل للحماية من تسلل اي حشرات لداخل المنزل
*عدم ترك الاواني والاطباق بها الطعام وتنظيفها بعد الاستعمال مباشرة لانها تسبب ازدياد الحشرات .
*ينصح بوضع عشب البابونج في الاماكن التي تسكنها الفئران فأنه يهرب من رائحتة لانها نفاذة وتخنقة

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home