weddChic

8.08.2008

Benson's Room...finally

FINALLY...
I finally got a post up of Benson's room. These are a few highlights. the name collage is done on a canvas wrap and I am thinking of offering these. I've had several people ask about getting one for their babies. My mom has always done name definition things since I was a little girl and I wanted to keep that going with our baby(s).
The bedding was made by our friend Cindy Kenady. We picked out the fabric design and she sewed the bumper pads, skirt, and she and my mom made the roller blinds. Also, Benson's bed was my bed when I was a baby. My brothers and I all used it, so it is 30 years old. We painted it and gave it an up-to-date look (other than the pee colored yellow it was when I had it).
And don't forget to notice the Bears jersey with Benson's name on it. If you don't know, Ben is a HUGE Chicago Bears, and Cubs fan. Pictures of Benson in his cubs outfits to come later.

There is a picture of Benson I took when he was weeks old that looked like he was flexing his muscles. You might remember seeing it here. Ben went to Six Flags this summer and had this picture of Benson in his wallet and had the caricature artist draw Benson in a superman costume to match our caricature drawing we had made a couple years back. Ben is Raphael, ninja turtle, and I am Wonder Woman.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cristy,

Bensons room is ADORABLE!!! Love the colors!!!!!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Annie Reid said...

I LOVE Benson's room! He has so many fun and unique things to look at! :) I love how you guys used two colors on his bed. What a great idea! Not only are you gifted in photography, you're a GREAT interior designer!

10:21 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

Annie did you notice the dangerous boys book. We LOVE that book!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Annie Reid said...

Yes, I did notice it!!! I love that book, too! I'm glad you like it! I saw the game at WalMart the other day! Pretty cool, huh? Preston asked me yesterday what would happen if we set playdoh on fire....I wonder if our answer is in that book! :)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Denae said...

oooh...I like the name canvas! I might have to steal that idea for my little Will.

11:05 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

no no no, no stealing ideas!

8:27 AM  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

ummmm WOW. He has the COOLEST room I've ever seen.

I LOVE that bedding! The fabric is SO COOL! I wish I had a bedspread like it! ;)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name collage!! Super cool.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home