weddChic

12.18.2008

Bobby Flay's Red Velvet Cake

A couple weeks ago, my friend Lenie and I made a Red Velvet cake. We made Bobby Flay's recipe, but there are tons out there and on www.foodnetwork.com
I never realized just how hard icing a cake was. I normally don't pay attention to icing details, but I've been watching the food network channel a bunch lately and it is making me want to be a cook, and a baker and TRY for perfection. It is really really hard though. I need one of those cool icing knives and a cake stand that spins.
Back to the cake...I do wish it was a little bit more red though. A fun fact I learned from making this cake is some people make the cake red by using beet juice or cabbage. Crazy huh!
While taking pictures of the cake, I sort of dropped the first piece on the floor. The single cake image is my second attempt and thankfully survived and was eaten all up immediately after its photo shoot.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger TiffanyNorris said...

You crack me up! I can so relate to the food network = wannabe chef. I fall into that catagory often!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Growing up said...

ummm that looks VERY yummy! btw I love your new header!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160530
oakley outlet
ray bans
nike air max uk
nike roshe run
tods outlet store
fitflop shoes
cheap toms shoes
marc jacobs outlet
air jordan shoes
ray ban sunglasses outlet
supra footwear
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet clearance
cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans
nike air huarache
air max
adidas originals store
air jordan 8
beats by dr dre
adidas superstar shoes
kobe shoes 11
nike sb dunks
michael kors outlet clearance
coach factory outlet online
coach factory outlet
replica watches
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
true religion outlet online
kate spade handbags
fitflop shoes
louis vuitton outlet
ed hardy outlet
coach outlet online
ray ban
nike roshe one
nike sb janoski
coach outlet store online
adidas uk

8:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our Atlanta Falcons Banner Flag measures 28x40 inches,wholesale Indiana Colts flags is constructed of 2-ply 100% polyester,Houston Texans flags and provides a top sleeve Houston Oilers flags for hanging vertically from a wood flagpole.Green Bay Packers flags The Atlanta Falcons Banner Flag is high quality dye sublimated with the NFL Falcons logo as shown. NFL Banners Flags are a perfect way to show neighbors your NFL team allegiance by flying from your front porch,Detroit Lions flags patio, or deck.

Our NFL Banner Flags are 2-ply, double-sided, and viewable and readable correctly on both sides.

These flags are made of sports flags sale a premium polyester and made in the USA.

Fly your Atlanta Falcons Banner Flag with our 5' wholesale flags wood flagpole and adjustable flag bracket.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home