weddChic

7.13.2007

Our Big News!!-Yipeee!

We are having a baby!
We found out that we are going to be having a baby and we couldn't be any happier. I am 9 weeks and 2 days. We have been told that the 30x40 image of our dogs is going to have to be replaced by our baby and we are okay with that. We are excited whether it is a boy or a girl. I tried to have a bet with Ben on what the baby would be, but he couldn't decide and didn't want to play the game because it was too hard of a decision to pick. We even have an ultra-sound too. You aren't supposed to get one until 8-10 weeks, but we got it at 6 weeks. It may be because we have the hook up at the Women's Medical Center with Ben's dad being an OB-GYN. And for those who are asking, no he won't be delivering the baby, but he will definitely be in charge in another room.
Everyone is so excited for us and that makes it so much fun. One of our friends has given us a bag full of fun mother-to-be books and some fun pilates and yoga dvd's for when I decide I'm going to exercise. Thanks Shannon! One of the books is "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. It is hilarious and totally worth reading. I will warn you though, she says things that will shock you. One, because of things that happen to when your pregnant that everyone forgets to tell you, and two, because it is coming out of Jenny McCarthy's mouth.
I have felt a little queasy here and there, but no vomiting thank goodness. Food isn't very appealing to me, but I will still eat it. A few cravings I've had lately are Chinese food, Red Barron mini pizzas, hamburgers, spaghetti, warm milk with vanilla extract and sugar, and Subway meatball sandwiches with salt and vinegar chips. Really, I don't think the cravings have hit yet because those are all things I wanted before I was pregnant. I've tried to be good and eat veggies, but it's a little hard.
We are due Feb 12th and have another appt with the OB in two weeks.
Please say your prayers for us and for a healthy baby.
Leave me a comment with any advice and/or questions if I forgot something. I want to share this with my blog viewers. Thanks everyone!
Look at my myspace to see the development of the baby.
www.myspace.com/cristycrossphotography


Ben and I in the waiting room for our first meeting and then our first ultrasound.



This is my guess. I don't know what is what just yet, but I'm hoping when I go in in two weeks we can see more definition. That's my little Pistachio!!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Chriselda said...

congratulations!
that's soooo exciting!
i LOVED belly laughs
esp the part about the hot dog thrown down the hallway... when you get there, you'll know what i'm tlking about!

there's another book called Pregnancy Sucks that is a hoot! you should check it ouf if you've got the time!

congratulations again!

8:35 PM  
Blogger kristinbednarz said...

The word is officially OUT! Yeah! You two will make such cute parents! And yes, you will replace the photo of the dogs but as a Mom to 2, I will warn you now...your kids will be the last to be photographed every Christmas for the yearly cards. Just an occupational hazard.

See you tomorrow!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! cutest kido every! Especially if he/she gets his daddy's teddy bear look!!! I am so proud for you guys!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so fun! Thanks for dropping by last night and bringing us some yummy (a tad messy) dip cones. I have been praying for you and baby Cross since I found out. Enjoy being pregnant and milk it for all its worth ;) hehe

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah Holt said...

YiPPEE!!!!! I'm doing back flips with happiness for you guys. You are going to have the coolest kid ever in existence. And you my friends, are going to be AWESOME parents. You are both so smart and creative! I can't wait to meet baby Cross!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Prestige Portraits Tyler said...

Oh Wow Cristy!!!! Congratulations!! That is so awesome.. being a mommy is a huge change but one well worth it!! My word of advice on being a mommy and a business owner learn that its okay to say no to your customers... they will wait for you. i still haven't learned but i am working on it!!!! Congrats again!!!! what a miracle and blessing from God!!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Brooker said...

What could be better than signing in to your e-mail and seeing THREE comments from THE Cristy Cross!!!!! You seriously have no idea how much that made my day!! Thanks for being awesome... and congrats again on the baby! so exciting!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

Thank you all for being excited with us. We are excited and curious to see what this journey will be like. Praise the Lord for the smooth ride so far.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am so so so excited that ur havin a baby!!! u guys are going to make the most awesome parents ever!!! its funny cuz i was just thinking about what a great mom u would be just the other day while i was drivin down the road! i had just looked at jadee and caitlins pics and i was just thinkin about all the fun times u've brought to all of us and i was like she is gonna make such a great mother and ben will be the sweetest daddy!! congrats guys!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger laurenclark said...

Yay! Your little baby looks like a tadpole!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracious Cristy!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I think I might have screamed when I saw your blog title! I am SO excited for you and Ben and this awesome new step in your lives...wow!! God is so great!!! :) Congratulations my dear and favorite photographer!! :D

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cristy congratulations"'' you are going to be a good mom. i am happy for you and ben buffy

10:07 PM  
Blogger SarahRachel said...

Hi friend!! CONGRATS again! =) I'm so excited for you. It's such a wonderful and magical time. I looooved Belly Laughs. So funny! Although, I feel like her pregnancy and labor was a heck of a lot harder than mine! It was smooth and easy 90% of the time. My advice is to try to enjoy this pregnancy. Sleep as often as you want. Take a pre-babymoon with your husband! We took a week long pre-babymoon to the beach and it was heavenly. Cherish each new phase in your pregnancy. It's all such a miracle. I'll be praying for ya'll! Hugs!

10:35 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

Sarah- I think that sounds like a great idea. I think we are going to try and plan a babymoon for sure. We love San Diego, so maybe we'll go there.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Amy DeYoung said...

AAAAHHHHHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I couldn't be happier for you and Ben :) :) :) Yeah!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I have seen you twice now in the last month and I didn't even know! Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you two! I can't wait to someday see all the amazing pictures you will take of you new little one! I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy, and I am sure you will keep the updates coming! Yay Jesus!! :-)

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!
I can't tell you how excited we are for you. It looks like we'll have babies very close in age! (I'm due in January). You guys will be the greatest parents. Miss you!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160408
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
adidas wings
michael kors handbags
michael kors purses
hollister clothing store
michael kors handbags
oakley vault
cheap toms
tory burch outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
ralph lauren
hollister jeans
michael kors
timberland boots
coach outlet store online
longchamp le pliage
mont blanc mountain
ray bans
nike roshe run
louis vuitton outlet
ghd hair straighteners
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ed hardy outlet
kate spade purses
ray ban outlet
coach outlet online
cheap ray ban sunglasses
asics running shoes
ugg outlet
cheap toms
lebron 12
hollister kids
burberry outlet
true religion jeans
louis vuitton
coach outlet
kids lebron shoes

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home