weddChic

8.13.2008

Be content with what you have!

Sometimes I get a little worked up to stay on top and be the best and have the best. This past Monday, me and a few other wonderful ladies spoke to a group of junior high and high school girls. Each speaker had a different topic. The first talk was about modesty, the second talk was about eating disorders, and the third talk was about gossip and jealousy. These are all great topics to share with a group of teenage girls, because in some way we all go through it in our teenage years and even when we are in our 20s plus.
My topic to share was about gossip and jealousy. Speaking a little more on the jealousy side of life, I feel like for me in the photography industry that there is always something bigger and better and more awesomer (this is a word, in my dictionary). And I feel pressure to get all these wonderful new things. Why do I want them? I think sometimes it's because I'm jealous and want want want just like everyone else, and feel like if I have more it will make me more happy. The reality to this is that, why do I want more? God has given me so much already. He has given me a wonderful husband, an awesome baby boy, a loving family, a great house, clothes, money, food, legs, arms, and great camera equipment :) I will always run in to wanting more for my life rooted from jealousy and greed, but I need to remember Hebrews 13:5- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."- and that gets a big AMEN.
Ever since Ben started memorizing this verse, I have been memorizing it too. But not because I wanted to. Mainly because Ben put a tune to the verse and I hear it singing in my head every now and then and I know it's God talking to me.

I just wanted to share what I've been learning lately :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for always saying such nice things about me. You make me feel way awesomer (word in my dictionary too) than I deserve. I love you.

2:51 PM  
Blogger cristy cross said...

love you :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Dennis Bullock said...

I love to hear other photographers who are not afraid to speak of Him on their business sites!

6:54 PM  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

Thank you for this post...I needed to hear it today.

You didn't know when you wrote this down...but God used you to work in my life in the moment I needed...so thanks for being a faithful servant and speaking His word to those around you.

God bless you and your business.
:)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home